Monday, February 4, 2008

Eve-Teasing

There's sites like Hollaback, and then there's the prospect of true punishment for cat calling harassing assholes:

NEW DELHI: The National Commission for Women (NCW) has suggested making harassment of women, including eve-teasing, non-bailable offences. Also, those who are witness to such attacks and do not come to the rescue of the victim should be made liable to prosecution.
As pointed out last week by Justice is a Woman with a Sword, seems that in Canada even police officers get away with harassing while in uniform. We give the finger and we get called a bitch, cunt, whore, etc. and as once suggested to me, that my daddy never taught me to accept a compliment. Pushaw. What can we say? I've used "suck my dick" (in english and portuguese) and it's responded to with "Please!" I've recently been working on my blow a kiss but it turns into the bird... and the struggle continues to get my power back when it's taken from me with embarassing hollars and leers. What works for you? Do share...

No comments: